On Monday 8th July 2019, Makerfield Ju-Jitsu had the pleasure of attending an assembly at Britannia Bridge Primary School where we provided a brief introduction of Ju-Jitsu to the children and some members of staff.
Drawing on the schools values of “H.E.A.R.T” various aspects of Ju-Jitsu life were adapted into examples which the children could relate with, demonstrating that it isn’t all just about punching, kicking and throwing!
The 40 minutes consisted of some of the following:
- A brief breakdown of Ju-Jitsu as a Martial Art and Self Defence, placing emphasis on the idea that we do not “just fight”
- A breakdown of the “H.E.A.R.T” values
- Our Shodan-Mon student Aydin assisted in the demonstration by showing fellow class mates some of the basic strikes and kicks that can be seen in Ju-Jitsu
- Hannah demonstrated some of the beginner throws and strangle escapes using me as uke (Something tells me Hannah really enjoyed this bit!)
- The children asked any questions they had