There are four main costs at Makerfield. The registration fee, the mat fee, grading fee and a uniform fee.
The Registration Fee
For insurance purposes, we require all students to register with our governing body, the World Ju-Jitsu Federation (WJJF). Upon joining, you will receive a “Budo Pass” which is your license to train at any WJJF registered club. It is also used to track a students rank progression and any specialist courses which have been attended.
However we do not expect this registration fee to be paid right away, all students have a grace period of 4 weeks where they may train and decide if Ju-Jitsu is for them, after this period registration must be applied for to allow training to continue.
- Registration is paid yearly via the club
- The registration fee for Juniors (4 – 15yr olds) is £31 to register as a new student and then £25 each subsequent year for renewal
- The registration fee for Seniors (16yr old and up) is £36 to register as a new student and then £30 each subsequent year for renewal
The Mat Fee
The mat fee is paid per student per session, we do not have any pay monthly or direct debit plans available. This helps us pay our rent to St Mary’s Church whose hall is very kindly rented to us for use.
- The mat fee for the Junior’s class is £4.00 per session
- The mat fee for Senior’s class is £5.00 per session
The Grading Fee
We aim to hold a grading roughly 4 times a year, this breaks down to 2 Mock assessments and 2 Official assessment.
Official Assessments require a Senior Coach from outside of the club to attend, this means that grading dates are subject to change.
The grading fee includes the cost of a sew on patch which is a WJJF grading requirement. There is no patch required for the Brown or Black belts so the cost of the patch is removed
- JUNIOR GRADING FEE’S
- White to Green Belts – £32
- Blue and White to Brown Belts – £37
- Junior Black Belt – £70
- Junior Gold Tabs – £35
- SENIOR GRADING FEE’S
- White to Green Belts – £37
- Blue and White to Brown Belts – £47
Our other cost is for the training uniform or “gi” (pronounced “gee”) the uniform is not a requirement for membership with the WJJF, however it is required should you wish to progress through the belt system. The cost of a gi is dependent on the size you need and where you might purchase one.
You can purchase a WJJF branded gi through the club, the costs for these are:
- White Gi Size 000 / 00 / 0 – £32
- White Gi Size 1 /2 – £37
- White Gi Size 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 – £40
- White Gi Size 7 / 8 – £45