Parents, Bring Your Kids to Junior Ju Jitsu
Ju Jitsu is Great for Kids
Ju Jitsu prides itself on the usage of technique and leverage above everything. The main concept is that you must shorten the distance between yourself and your opponent. Next you use various trips, throws, and take-downs to bring the altercation to the ground. Once getting there, certain dominant positions and holds are used by the person to control the attacker.
In a general sense, not many systems of self-defence allow the smaller and sometimes weaker person to subdue a larger opponent, your child will not be taught to depend on size or strength.
Jujitsuka (one who practices Ju Jitsu) learn to defend themselves and control their opponent even without using punches or finishing holds.
You are simply removing the potential of the other person inflicting harm on you, this is the ultimate anti-bullying tool. Having the opportunity to harm someone but choosing not to and making them aware of it.
Ju Jitsu stimulates the mind as well as the body leading to students realising, they want to do better in and out of class.
They are being taught how to break down and solve problems which occur both during training sessions, and in life.
Children learn that sometimes you are going to be the smaller, weaker, slower one, or not in the best position possible, but you still have to do the best of your ability to not give up, and to keep trying.
Class Activities and More Information:
Age range: 5 years to 15 years
Cost: £5.00 per person
A typical Junior Ju-Jitsu class consists of a structured layout of the following:
- A formal greeting to the students and the instructors
- A warm up of stretching and jogging exercises to prepare the mind and the body for the class to follow
- Pad drills focusing on striking and kicking techniques
- Syllabus work covering each students Ju-Jitsu techniques
- Games to help reinforce their Ju-Jitsu and help to develop balance, awareness of their surroundings, team work to name a few ….